Map, transport & parking
Finding Fulham Palace…
Fulham Palace is easily accessible on foot.
- From Fulham Palace Road, turn on to Bishop’s Avenue, continue to the end of Bishop’s Avenue, turn left through the stone pillared Fulham Palace gates.
- From Bishop’s Park exit through the Bishop’s Avenue gates, turn immediately right through the stone pillared gates into the Fulham Palace grounds.
A number of buses stop on Fulham Palace Road, within a few minutes walk of Fulham Palace.
- Nearest buses 74, 220, 430 (alight on Fulham Palace Road at Bishop’s Park Road bus stop, near to garden centre). Five minute walk to Fulham Palace along Bishop’s Avenue.
- 85, 93, 265 (alight at or near Putney Bridge). Ten minute walk.
Putney Bridge Underground station (District Line) is approximately eight minute walk. Shortest distance on foot is to follow the Thames Path west along the river through Bishop’s Park, midway through the Park is the Bishop’s Avenue gate, exit through gate and immediately right into Fulham Palace grounds.
Putney Station (15 minute walk). On departing the station turn right, walk down Putney High Street, across Putney Bridge. Take the steps down to follow the Thames Path west through Bishop’s Park, midway through the park is the Bishop’s Avenue gate, exit through gate and turn immediately right into Fulham Palace grounds.
Barclays Cycle Hire
There are two Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations in close proximity to Fulham Palace, one on Bishop’s Avenue and one at Putney Bridge Station. For more information on the Barclays Cycle Hire Scheme and map of locations, click here.
Access is via Bishop’s Avenue. The entrance to Fulham Palace is at the end of Bishop’s Avenue, on the left hand side. There is no public parking on-site, however there is ample parking on Bishop’s Avenue which is in controlled parking zone Y. Parking meters operate from 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday, for match day details see below. For full information on parking times and charges, please visit the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham website by clicking here.
Parking on Match Days
When Fulham Football Club are playing, special restrictions apply:
- 9am to 9.30pm, Monday to Sunday (including bank holidays)
- On match days, there is a 1-hour maximum stay for pay and display for the whole day.
- Dates of matches are displayed on pay and display machines, on the council’s website and on Controlled Zone entry signs
For further information see match day parking restrictions on London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham website
Please note: disabled parking is available on site. If at all possible please contact us in advance to arrange.
Bishop’s Avenue is a cul-de-sac and as such it is difficult for coaches to turn at the entrance to Fulham Palace. We strongly recommend that coach drivers contact the Palace in advance so that arrangements can be made to permit access to and turning within Fulham Palace’s Stable Yard. Alternatively, coaches should drive down Bishop’s Park Road and allow passengers to alight at Bishop’s Park and make the short walk through the Park to Fulham Palace’s pedestrian entrance.