What to see
For over 1,300 years Fulham Palace was the home of the Bishops of London. Now this historic house and botanic garden in west London is open to all to enjoy, year round, for free.
Experience exciting interactive displays throughout the house and garden.
In the house
- Connect with the past in our museum and historic rooms and discover the real story of Fulham Palace through the people who lived and worked here.
- Join Bishop Compton and get hands-on with his famous collection of exotic plants from around the world.
- Meet the Bishops in our Tudor great hall.
- Hear the sounds of Fulham Palace past and present in our sensory room.
- Walk among the Bishops as you learn about their roles as estate owners, gentlemen and family men.
- Learn about the role of religion in the lives of the Bishops and their families in our chapel.
- Explore the archaeological story of the site and examine artefacts discovered here.
In the garden
- Explore the second oldest botanic garden in London and learn about its fascinating history.
- Stroll around our beautiful 13 acre garden and experience a true urban oasis.
- Step into our walled garden and discover our colourful knot garden, productive kitchen garden, vinery and apple orchard.
- See examples of the types of exotic plants Bishop Compton grew at the Palace in the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
- Meet our oldest resident — a 500 year old holm oak tree — and spot other rare trees on the estate.
- Have a family adventure in our natural play area near the main lawn.
In addition to our permanent displays, explore our temporary exhibitions, with new displays throughout the year.
Plan your visit
Admission is free to our house and garden, but free tickets to see the museum and historic rooms must be booked in advance.